Author Topic: Dual Booting Xbox Live Dash with Live Access and the Reset Glitch for Homebrew.  (Read 40228 times)

antman1

• Heavenlymodz.com
**Need Help Updating your Glitched Nand?  Go to http://www.heavenlymodz.com for the full instructions and Downloads**

ALL PHAT AND TRINITY 360 CONSOLES ARE GLITCH ABLE NOW! I RECOMMEND GLITCHING YOUR CONSOLE ASAP AND GETTING THAT CPU KEY AS IT HAS BEEN REPORTED THAT ONCE YOU HAVE THE CPU KEY IT CAN ALWAYS BE GLITCHED NO MATTER WHAT!

Well I did it. It works beautifully!!! I am not sure how to embed the video but I will just put a link of it here for everyone. This video shows me using the Xbox360 on Xbox Live then turning it off and switching to the Cygnos360v2 Rev E nand with the Reset Glitch Hack flashed to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UuSxpxwj80

BTW: this is on my Falcon

Here is a guide that I wrote up quickly on how I did it:

This Guide will help you with installing and flashing the Cygnos360v2 Rev E for the reset Glitch.  This mod will allow you to use your 360 with Xbox Live and be able to switch over to homebrew as well all on the same console.  All consoles are supported for this except Xenon release consoles and Slim Corona 4gb consoles. 

You will need the Rev E version so you can dual boot.  This will also work on the Slim as well.  I will post a pic with the Alt solder points as well except that you will not be able to use the quick solder method on the Slim for the Rev E version of Cygnos360v2.  You will need to wire it using wires to the alt solder points. 

My first recommendation is that you install your Reset Glitch first.  Here are some pics of mine installed on my Falcon (Fat360):

And here are some pics of my Kipper2k Glitch board installed in my Xbox360 Slim (Trinity):

I know it looks messy in this pic but it really isn't.  my camera is showing too much detail and at that angle it looks strange.

This pic is the bottom of the Slim (Trinity) board:

I changed how I have the extra wire because my Slim would not boot the Glitch due to some kind of interference when I would put the case back together.  What I did was unroll the wire and run the looped wire through the big hole on the motherboard and wrap it around the cpu fan.  After I did this I was able to put my Slim all the way back together and when I have the onboard tsop48 selected it loads my stock dash without any problems and I can go on xbox live and such.  Then when I select my Cygnos360v2 tsop48 chip it loads the glitch.  I found that this interference was also causing the stock dash to throw a red light due to the interference and this fixed it as well.

That is my Glitch "CMOD" board that I installed first.  I recommend installing it first to get this first part of the hack out of the way.  It will be different for a lot of people except for the points on the board for the fat 360s and the Slims.  If you need an easy way to program the board I found this tool below to be useful from Soulheaven:

http://fileserve.com/file/y4wd5G4

Now we get to installing the Cygnos360v2 Rev E Chip.  The Cygnos360v2 rev C, D and E appear to be the safest best to use as they will reset the southbridge info when switching from nand to nand.   I first put a dab of flux and solder on all the points I will be soldering (also known as tinning the points). 

Get some flux and put a little on all the points you will be soldering to, after doing this place your Cygnos360v2 Rev E in place for the quick solder points and you dont have to use much solder since you tinned the solder points on the Cygnos360v2 Rev E (I used a 15 watt soldering iron). You do need to solder the "X0", "RB", "VCC" and "GND" points as shown in the pic below. The "X0 point is new to my guide as it was recently brought to my attention that the southbridge was not resetting when switching between the 2 different nands. Thank you to "JeffJ" and "Cory1492" at the Cygnos360 forums that brought this to my attention and helped me to test what will need to be corrected for the southbridge to reset properly. For those that didnt know, if the southbridge doesnt reset when switching nands it is possible some data stored in a hacked smc may load with your Live enabled nand and cause problems and possible ban on Xbox Live. Other dual nand solutions would require you to unplug the Xbox360 when switching nands. You will also see that I am real big into hot glue to make sure no complications happen so you can see that I hot glued a little of the sides of the Cygnos360v2 Rev E to make sure it does not pull on any of the quick solder points. 

THE "X4" POINT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE INSTALLED ON THIS SETUP AFTER ALL. CORY1492 BROUGHT THIS TO MY ATTENTION
On the Trinity board (known as the Slim) you will need to do a wire install to these points on this picture below:

and

THE "X4" POINT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE INSTALLED ON THIS SETUP AFTER ALL. CORY1492 BROUGHT THIS TO MY ATTENTION
Thank you "warbeast" from xbox-scene foums for original diagram.
Trinity Board (Slim) Confirmed working by member "Zoneout" and :mufsta" on xbox-scene forums

Here are some pics of my Cygnos360v2 Rev E Installed into my sons Slim Trinity. 

Bottom of Motherboard

Top of Motherboard

If you want the Glitch board to turn off when you turn the Cygnos360v2 nand off then you will need to use a relay as shown in the pic below, this was optional but is necessary now for it to work properly after dash update 14717.  here is how to install a relay with this setup:

Here is how I installed mine in my MW3 Slim Trinity Board:

Once these are soldered on you will need to connect the flat cable that has the switch and mini usb port. You will now need to get some electrical tape and tape off the Cygnos360v2 Rev E and make sure it is insulated from the metal cage when you put it back together.

Now you will need to get things ready for the Dual Nand setup and the Glitch.  First connect your Micro USB cable to your PC and install the drivers located here at the cygnos360.com website.  Now open "Cygnos360 V2 Toolbox 1.10 beta5" and make sure you have the switch off on the Cygnos360v2 Rev E and do a few of nand dumps to make sure you have a good copy of your original nand.

Now for this next part you will have to prepare a full nand image with the new Reset Glitch Hack already implemented into it because the Cygnos360 v2 Toolbox does not have this feature yet to flash the ecc file to the nand. 

you will need to make your ecc Glitch Hack File first and this can be done using this:
Download J-Runner v02 Beta (288) Core Pack
(check my site http://www.heavenlymodz.com for more details on ecc image creation)

Download nandpro here: nandprowithextras.rar

After you have made this ecc file you will need to place Nandpro v2.0e and all the files created (in the ouput folder) from the Reset Hack Glitch package above in the same folder with your <strong>copy</strong> of your nand image (important because we will be writing direct to the image). 

Now you will need to open command prompt and navigate to the folder will all these files and type the command "nandpro nand.bin: +w16 image_00000000.ecc", the "nand.bin" being the name of your nand file in this directory. 

Once it is complete you will need to open "Cygnos360 V2 Toolbox 1.10 beta5" and make sure the Cygnos360v2 Rev E is on the tsop you want to flash the hacked image to. Now program the nand image you just wrote the ecc file to the Cygnos360v2 Rev E.

At this point after the flash is complete you should be able to turn the the 360 back on with the switch off and it will have your normal startup of the Xbox360 unmodified dash. Then turn the 360 off and switch the Cygnos360v2 Rev E back on with the blue light lit and then turn the 360 back on. If the Glitch board is installed correctly and working then you should be greeted with the "Xell-Reloaded" screen within 2 minutes (mine never takes that long, usually within 5 seconds) and it will show you your CPU key and DVD Key. At this point put everything back together and make it pretty when you mount the switch. Of course it will be oposite if you flashed the hacked image to the original tsop and the stock dash to the cygnos360v2 tsop.

Here is how I have my switch mounted in my fat 360 and what it looks like:

And here is what it looks like on my sons Slim Trinity when I mounted his switch:

If you want to make sure you are always safe now from being banned you can change the KV on your Cygnos360v2 so that the console information is completely different to Microsoft and safe from your real KV being banned. Guide to do so is here: How To Create A Nand With A Banned KV To Protect Your Console From A Ban!

special thanks to all the following sites and GliGli for all there help and support:
free60.org
libxenon.org
cygnos360.com
xbox-scene.com
xboxhacker.net
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 10:48:30 pm by antman1 »

vasquez

• Administrator
Well I did it. It works beautifully!!! I am not sure how to embed the video but I will just put a link of it here for everyone. This video shows me using the Xbox360 on Xbox Live then turning it off and switching to the Cygnos360v2 Rev E nand with the Reset Glitch Hack flashed to it.

youtube.com/watch?v=3UuSxpxwj80

BTW: this is on my Falcon

Nice one! Can you post a tutorial on how people can do this?

thanks a lot antman1 :-)

antman1

• Heavenlymodz.com
Absolutely.  It will be a little later but I will get one done for you.  Also it wont let me post links or outside stuff as well.  Thank you guys for the help on getting the Cygnos360v2 RevE.  GREAT PRODUCT!!  I see sales climbing for you guys!

Alemanue

Antman1 Congratulations, great job. Hopefully the team cygnos is launched with this push and take him to the slim.
Waiting for the tutorial.
Thanks for everything and greetings from Spain

antman1

• Heavenlymodz.com
Updated my original post with a quick guide I wrote up.  The pics and some links had to be posted differently because I am unable to post links as of the moment for outside sources.  This guides also posted on my site as well.

Alemanue

We have the outline for the slim, but the Cygnos360 toolbox is able to read the nand, or need another soft??
For the team cygnos .... It is possible that in the future do the glitch cygnos own?
Thanks to all

antman1

• Heavenlymodz.com
according to this post something is already in the works.  :)

what rad0x said also we have a special program to flash the newer stuff.. if anyone needs it pm me (still testing phase!)

I also wanted to mention that if you look in the technical support thread here on Cygnos360v2 you will see a thread titled "Wired install on slim" by "Rad0x" and he did successfully install the Cygnos360 rev E on his Slim and dumped the nand.  so we know it can be done and I'm sure this Dual Boot will work for Slims as well!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 05:54:10 pm by antman1 »

antman1

• Heavenlymodz.com
well it looks like the people at Logic sunrise have made another quick install guide of the Cygnos360v2 Rev E Installed in a Slim.  They have an extra added part though.  A relay to turn the glitch chip off.  I dont think it is necessary myself.  The guide can be found here: logic-sunrise.com/telecharger-357863-tutorial-dual-boot-rghretail-with-cygnos-rev-e-fren.html

Also there guide shows the Glitch being flashed to the onboard nand.  I prefer mine being flashed to the Cygnos360v2 nand.

**EDIT** Would a moderator be able to go through the guide up top and embed the photos and such to make it easier on the eyes and to follow?

**Done! ;-)**
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 07:51:24 pm by vasquez »

trymyz

Will the Cygnos360v2 Rev C also work for this mod?  Slim or fat?

antman1

• Heavenlymodz.com
revision c, d and e will all work.  they will install the same as the rev e

trymyz

revision c, d and e will all work.  they will install the same as the rev e

Awesome.  Thanks.

Spandaman

Thanks for the great guide :)

I've just installed a rev D into my trinity xbox S.

Only problem is that when the orig NAND is flashed and the Cmod board is running it red lights. So I need to find away of disabling the Cmod when booting orig NAND. Removing the 3 v power doesn't work.

Thanks again for the guide :)

antman1

• Heavenlymodz.com
your orig nand should have the original dump flashed to it.  The CMOD board should not cause your 360 to red light if booting the original nand dump.  You may need to check your wiring.  Are you able to show us a pic of your install?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 01:52:12 pm by antman1 »

Spandaman

It boots to xell fine using a ecc file on the 360 NAND , I thought it was because it's a slim. Do you want pictures of the Cygnos install and Cmod?

Thanks for your help

antman1

• Heavenlymodz.com
Its been confirmed to work fine on the Slim with the cmod soldered in with Cygnosv2 while booting into unmodified Kernel.  It sounds like it could be your orig nand image causing the red lights.  whats the secondary code.  pics always help if you can that was we can see if anything looks wrong.